Senior Database Administrator
Senior Database Administrator
Our Data Operations team is currently looking to hire a successful Senior DBA to join our team! In this exciting role, you will be leading a high performing global team and working closely with Tech & business function leads and developers of various teams to assess existing problems, come up with process improvement solutions and coordinate data platform project deliveries. While maintaining and growing knowledge of platform configuration management and troubleshooting, you will also be participating in planning delivery time, code quality, and process efficiency improvement projects.
What you will be doing…
- Design, implement and administer RDBMS solutions for all on premise database technologies (SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL)
- Design, implement and administer Monster data solutions hosted on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing platform, utilizing the following AWS technologies to build data and application solutions including services such as Relational Database Services (RDS), Athena, AWS Glue, Redshift, Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Simple Storage Service (S3), Send Notification Service (SNS), DynamoDB and Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2).
- Develop, implement, and administer Monster data solutions hosted on Google Cloud Platform (GCP), utilizing the GCP technologies such as BigQuery, CloudStorage, CloudFunctions, Pub/Sub, Dataflow, Composer as well as Infrastructure as a Code technology like HashiCorp Terraform.
- Evaluate and deploy new technology and participate in the strategic planning of the Monster Database platform.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and manage release strategies for RDBMS software updates and application releases which will be required by all production and non-production environments, minimizing downtime to the end users.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and manage the database release processes for deploying new monster releases to the non-production and production database environments.
- Manage the “Technical Application Recover Procedure”, ensuring high availability and disaster recovery of the monster data platform.
- Enhance system metrics collection, analysis, reporting and alerting.
- Mentor DBA team and provide interactive guidance to assist fellow team members. Team player who provides interactive guidance to assist fellow team members.
- Communicate clearly and able to present solutions effectively to higher management.
- Create and document best practice processes and standards.
- Assess and implement security compliant measures for databases/data sources infrastructure including (but not limited to) database/data source patching, PII/PCI data identification and restriction, etc.
- Develop, implement, and maintain ETL solutions integrating data from all databases systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Business Intelligence reporting solutions created within the SQL server BI stack
- Develop system maintenance solutions for VLDB’s (5TB+)
- Monitor system performance and resolve issues where necessary
- Perform code reviews of all database release kits
- Manage RDBMS and Cloud platform operating costs (Hardware and Software) and reduce the costs where possible via retirement, consolidation, and alternative platforms.
- Support weekday and weekend on-call shifts and work closely in a multi-region teams’ environment
What’s essential for you to have…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
- 7 years’ experience in Database Administration working with Microsoft SQL Server or similar technology
- 5 years’ experience in any Cloud platform – AWS, GCP, Azure
What will make you stand out…
- Data solution’s development and implementation in public cloud environments.
- Oracle Database Administration
- Solid technical skill and leadership
- Initiative-oriented and keen-to-learn characteristics
Monster is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment through a culture of diversity, equity, safety, and belonging. Our goal is to make work a happy and productive place for all through transparency and accountability at all levels of our organization.
If there’s an accommodation you need or prefer as part of your application, or if you have some feedback for us on ways we can make our process more accessible for all, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-MONSTER and let us know how we can help!
Please do not direct any general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this email address and/or phone number.
Monster is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
*Salary range for this position: $106,900 - $160,300
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate’s education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. Based on eligibility, a successful candidate’s total compensation may include a variable pay plan including bonus(es) and/or commission(s). In setting compensation, Monster complies with all local wage and hour laws.
In addition, Monster offers rich learning & development opportunities, a 401(k) plan, a stock purchase plan, and comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance to uniquely fit your needs. Monster also focuses on overall wellbeing with our wellness program, 21 paid days off, 5 paid sick days, and 14 paid holidays throughout the calendar year.
You searched and didn’t find the right fit?
No problem. Join our talent community to stay connected.SEND US YOUR RESUME