Solution Architect - Contractor
SOLUTION ARCHITECT– Contract
Monster Government Solutions is looking to hire a talented SOLUTION ARCHITECT on a Contractor basis for our Weston, MA office to help lead the architecture, design and implementation of the Monster Government Solutions (MGS) platform.
Our MGS Division is one of the fastest growing units of the company, providing a variety of hiring and onboarding solutions to the US, state, and local governments.
Our Career Sites enable organizations to have private job boards while leveraging the Monster platform, connecting job seekers with career resources and relevant jobs while helping employers identify and hire talent.
As a member of this team, this Solution Architect will be contributing to these and other business critical solutions for our government clients.
Who You Are…
A talented Solution Architect who thrives in leading within a collaborative environment, loves problem solving, and relishes the opportunity to define and build the next generation scalable Human Capital Management solution. You will survey a variety of technologies in order to define which ones we should adopt as we migrate our existing web application to a new architecture. This effort will require you to drive the effort by prototyping solutions, creating roadmaps for the transition, and working with developers to implement the new approaches. You are very comfortable leading technical change and hands-on enough to make it happen.
What you will be doing…
- Lead prototyping efforts in Java to demonstrate the viability of new technologies
- Lead presentations about technical findings and recommendations
- Exhibit superior verbal and written communication skills
- Work directly with the Development Manager to coordinate efforts, status, and next steps
- Work with other developers on the team and help coordinate their activities
- Identify areas where we can improve the efficiency, quality, and security of our development process, and implement solutions in those areas
- Ensure that new functionality follows architectural and coding standards
- Coordinate with other solution architects in the organization to ensure consistency of solutions
- Troubleshoot and debug issues
- Mentor staff as we move our technology forward
What’s essential for you to have…
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent engineering degree or experience
- At least 8 years doing object-oriented software development with Java
- Experience through full life cycle of several large scale commercial application development projects
- Experience using microservices in applications in production
- Experience using Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with NoSQL, MYSQL
- Experience with Angular
- Superior communication and collaboration skills
- Java certified
- Experience in cloud computing environments like AWS. Certification preferred.
- Experience with high availability architectures
- Experience with three-tier architecture and fundamentals
- Strong knowledge about relational database design and operation
- Strong object-oriented programming design & development experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be creative and flexible in a rapidly changing environment
What will make you stand out…
- Experience with C# and .NET framework
- Experience with Node.js
- Knowledge of Micro frontend architecture
Monster is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment through a culture of diversity, equity, safety, and belonging. Our goal is to make work a happy and productive place for all through transparency and accountability at all levels of our organization.
If there’s an accommodation you need or prefer as part of your application, or if you have some feedback for us on ways we can make our process more accessible for all, please send us an email at email@example.com or call 1-800-MONSTER and let us know how we can help!
Please do not direct any general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this email address and/or phone number.
Monster is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law
You searched and didn’t find the right fit?
No problem. Join our talent community to stay connected.SEND US YOUR RESUME