Principal Java Engineer/Team Lead- Contractor
What we’re looking for…
Principal Java Engineer/Team Lead– Contract
We are currently looking to hire a talented Principal Java Engineer/Team Lead on a Contractor basis for our Prague, Czech Republic office to manage the technical aspects of our AWS cloud development teams currently implementing the Monster Government Solutions (MGS) platform.
Our MGS Division is one of the fastest growing units of the company, providing a variety of hiring and onboarding solutions to the US, state, and local governments.
Our Career Sites enable organizations to have private job boards while leveraging the Monster platform, connecting job seekers with career resources and relevant jobs while helping employers identify and hire talent.
As a member of this team, this role will be contributing to these and other business critical solutions for our government clients.
Who you are…
A talented Principal Java Engineer/Team Lead who thrives in leading within a collaborative environment, loves problem solving, and relishes the opportunity to define and build the next generation scalable Human Capital Management solution. You will lead a team of engineers as working to extend our existing web application to a new cloud architecture. This effort will require you to work directly with Solution Architects and other Team Leads to review designs, ensure understanding of the required implementation of the design, bring this technical proficiency back to the team and lead them towards successfully delivery. A key component of this role is working with Apache Kafka and having experience with event streaming architecture.
What you will be doing…
- Lead the design, implementation and test efforts for an agile scrum team
- Collaborate and mentor engineers within a scrum team and help coordinate their activities
- Participate in application development and prototyping using multiple technologies
- Identify any improvements to the efficiency, quality, and security of our development process
- Ensure that new functionality follows architectural and coding standards
- Investigate and analyse reported defects and recommend solutions to these problems including code changes, data updates, or configuration modifications
- Exhibit superior verbal and written communication skills
What’s essential for you to have…
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent engineering degree or experience
- At least 8 years doing object-oriented software development with Java
- Experience with Kafka and other Apache software
- Experience implementing Kafka streaming
- Experience through full life cycle of several large scale commercial application development projects
- Experience using microservices in applications in production
- Experience with the following languages: Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring Framework
- Experience with Application Servers using Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with Cloud platforms, preferably AWS using EC2 and other AWS services
- Experience with Agile methodology and other SDLC components including TDD, Unit Testing, CI, CD
- Experience with any of the following: Maven, Jenkins, Hudson, Rundec
- Experience with high availability architectures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be creative and flexible in a rapidly changing environment
What's also nice for you to have...
- Experience with Angular
- Experience with NoSQL, MYSQL
- Experience with Node.js
- Knowledge of Micro frontend architecture
- Experience with Microsoft Technology Stack (C#, .NET Framework, MS SQL)
What will make you stand out…
- Deep knowledge and experience with event streaming architecture
What’s in it for you…
- International and multicultural working environment in a shared service center
- Competitive pay rate
- Job-related continuous training
- Career progression opportunities
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and want to have Monster in your corner, please apply via our career site by clicking on the link below… We’d love to hear from you!
Additional job details:
- Location: Prague, Czech Republic
- Job type: Contract
- Pay rate: Competitive
You searched and didn’t find the right fit?
No problem. Join our talent community to stay connected.SEND US YOUR RESUME