Senior Design Systems Engineer
Senior Design Systems Engineer
Build the Platform!
Monster Worldwide is looking for someone to build the UI platform of tomorrow. This core design system will power all of Monster’s digital assets, providing a consistently amazing experience for all users no matter the touchpoint. Along with the Core UX team, you will architect and build a reusable set of UI tools, components, and distributed workflows that will be delivered to internal teams to build everything they need to build. This central UX platform will become the kernel of change that drives compelling user experiences which create meaningful and lasting life experiences of the future.
You have built many interesting and sophisticated interfaces that push the needle from status quo. You have a history turning those interfaces into reusable frameworks for larger development efforts. You’ve worked closely with product managers to define and research problems. You have experience in all parts of the development process. You work well with other professionals of all skillsets and are excited by new opportunities to collaborate, evangelize, and mentor.
Who You Are
- You are an exceptional senior-level UX/UI developer with strong opinions that are expressed with warmth and in a voice that wins hearts and minds.
- You have a critical eye for visual development and an undeniable ability to bring new experiences to life.
- You have a keen focus on the ‘bigger picture,’ building reusable systems and frameworks for rapid UI development.
- You have a strong desire to push the bleeding edge of technology and build software that is one of a kind.
- You assess metrics and requirements and synthesize them into user stories, components, and frameworks.
- You have a passion for optimization, innovation, collaboration, and improving developer and designer experiences.
- Architect key portions of the UX platform ecosystem to deliver and distribute end to end UX and UI workflows in multiple settings.
- Build and maintain components that are highly customizable, consistent, and reusable, that delight both application developers and their end users.
- Document usage patterns and best practices for using the platform.
- Evangelize the design system through meeting and mentoring the teams that consume it, as well as presenting architectural concepts and decisions.
- Oversee the open-source ecosystem, reviewing pull requests and assisting external teams with contributions.
- Work closely with UX designers to build richly interactive components for web and mobile web using a high degree of visual fidelity.
- Write highly reusable code that can be componentized and easily consumed and extended by other developers.
- Improve developer experiences and velocity by building better workflows, practices, and tooling for development.
- Research new and interesting open source and third party software. Document and justify incorporating new software into Monster’s technology stack.
- Promote UX best practices and processes across the team and help stand up a consistent suite of UX tools and libraries.
- Be an awesome team-mate and mentor. Engage with the rest of the UX development and design team, as well as other external teams on various projects.
- 7+ years’ experience in UI development, Frontend development, or comparable roles.
- Thorough understanding of React development and contemporary patterns.
- Experience building design systems and component libraries.
- Familiarity with TypeScript.
- Proficience with Webpack or similar tooling.
- Exceptional CSS skills and familiarity with styled components.
- Appreciation of atomic design principles.
- Familiarity with NextJS, Gatsby, or other Node based rendering frameworks.
- Experience converting designs from Sketch/Figma into working prototypes.
- Knowledge of cross-platform browser compatibility restrictions and requirements.
- Thorough understanding of web performance principles and page load optimization.
- Familiarity with accessible design and development patterns.
- Experience working with NPM, git, and agile methodologies.
- Appreciation for open source development models and wide knowledge of available software.
- Eagerness to learn, study, and research new technologies.
- Ability to successfully execute on, and load balance across, multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Collaborative approach that brings good resolution decisions to tough development questions.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- While a degree in CS or a related field is a plus, we look for talented people with proven success building interfaces and design systems regardless of education.
Monster provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to enable such individuals to participate fully in the application process and during employment. If you require an accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an email to TalentAcquisition@Monster.com or call 1-800-MONSTER and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please do not direct any general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this email address and/or phone number.
Monster is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative action Employer M/F/Individuals with Disabilities/Veteran Status.
You searched and didn’t find the right fit?
No problem. Join our talent community to stay connected.SEND US YOUR RESUME