Monster (Randstad Group) is the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities. From the web, to mobile, to social, we help companies find people with customised solutions and we use the world's most advanced technology to match the right people to the right job.
We've made it our mission to help companies find better candidates. And nobody brings more cutting-edge tools to help them do just that than Monster. Whatever their needs are, we have the products and technologies to build a bespoke solution for our clients, to help them #FindBetter.
Innovation is the heart of our success... and our future. We're changing the way people think about work, and we're helping them improve their lives and their work performance with new technology, tools and training.
What makes Monster great…
Monster is synonymous with innovation, we are passionate about bringing great people and great companies together. In fact, we are obsessive about it – it’s what we do every day. We believe that the work that we do has a noble purpose... Making people’s lives better.
At Monster, we let people breath, giving everyone the opportunity to shape their destiny and provide the development support that allows them to do so.
What we’re looking for…
We are currently looking to hire an outstanding Senior Accountant based in our Prague, Czech Republic office.
As a member of the centralized European Accounting Team based in Prague, you will be responsible for various accounting and finance processes across numerous European countries, reporting directly to the Accounting Manager.
This role will offer some proactive and dynamic involvement in the European Accounting Team to achieve key performance measurements in terms of efficiency, productivity and quality by ensuring all the processes and controls are followed and service excellence provided to both internal and external clients. The ideal candidate will be strong team-player as responsibilities include working with various European Accounting Team members and cooperating with peers in a way to promote trust and communication.
What you will be doing…
- Involvement in projects (European and Global) as directed by the Accounting Manager
- Responsibility for oversight and approval of all general ledger entries (accruals, prepayments, payroll, etc.) for assigned European countries, including resolution of all outstanding issues and reconciling items
- Review of reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts
- Responsibility for ensuring month-end accounting and closure activities are completed timely within closing deadlines
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including variance analysis for assigned countries
- Ensuring correct IFRS16 data is gathered and provided on a monthly basis
- Interaction with the accounts payables team to ensure appropriate coding and correct accounting of invoices
- Full responsibility for specific accounting areas covering whole Europe (procedures, methodology, etc.)
- Contact with external and internal auditors (corporate audit, internal audits and local statutory audits) as required by the team manager
- Coaching, mentoring and training of financial accountants and supporting the Accounting Manager in ensuring job enrichment of more junior peers
- Cross-regional responsibilities for recurring analysis, reporting and analytics
- Cooperation with colleagues in local offices, the US and the parent company Randstad Education
What’s essential for you to have…
- A Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics
- 3+ years’ experience in Accounting
- Business system experience
- Fluency in 2 European Languages (which must include English)
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivation
- A mathematical and analytical approach
- The ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external contacts through open and confident communication
- A strength of character and tenacious approach to ensure timely resolution of issues
- The ability to work under time pressure
- Advanced-level MS Excel skills
What will make you stand out…
- Experience in IFRS
- An Accounting certification – preferably completed or ongoing (ACCA or Chartered Accountant)
- Some prior audit experience
- Experience with Oracle business system
- Knowledge and experience with reporting tools
What’s in it for you…
- International and multicultural working environment in a shared service centre
- 25-day vacation package
- Competitive salary
- Job-related continuous training
- Relocation assistance
- Company benefits; including life insurance, health care program, language courses, food vouchers, discounted gym membership, etc.
- Career progression opportunities
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and want to have Monster in your corner, please apply via our career site by clicking on the link below… We’d love to hear from you!
Additional job details:
- Location: Prague, Czech Republic
- Job type: Permanent Full-Time
- Salary: Competitive
You searched and didn’t find the right fit?
No problem. Join our talent community to stay connected.SEND US YOUR RESUME