Senior Data Scientist
Bring Big Data to Life!
The Senior Data Scientist at Monster Worldwide in our Weston, MA Headquarters, will solve complex business problems using advanced statistical methods. The role will be able to work independently or guide junior Data Scientists on various Data Science, Automated ML and Data Engineering tasks. The role will execute a Data Science project from end to end, from participating in stakeholder meetings and defining business problems, to delivery of analytic outputs and implementation of findings.
Our Data Science Team delivers analytic solutions across a wide variety of Monster applications. We build and inferential and predictive models, including machine learning algorithms and AI, we process, integrate and manipulate big data with distributed systems and varied data pipelines and we synthesize results and translate findings into compelling stories that resonate with stakeholders.
- Use statistical, mathematical, predictive modelling capabilities to ask the right questions and find the right answers.
- Communicate findings, orally and visually.
- Has knowledge of Big Data engineering and data manipulation methods and tools and can perform these tasks independently AND/ OR has knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and tools and can perform these tasks independently
- Writes efficient, organized, shareable code, develops ETL processes and functions to automate tasks or produce analytics/ data products
- Oversees work and provides coaching to junior team members; provides training to new employees
- Engages with business stakeholders and translates business problems into analytics projects; summarizes, visualizes and communicates statistical/ML processes and results for stakeholders; helps translate analytics outputs into actionable insights
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience, preferable with a focus on Big Data Analytics
- Experience building ETL pipelines for cloud-based projects from initial inception to production
- Experience implementing a range of statistical or machine learning methods, from basic descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing and feature transformation to complex dimension reduction, supervised or unsupervised learning, and model turning and validation
- Proficiency in Python and/or R, SQL
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Spark preferred; knowledge of distributed computing would be a plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving; ability to perform tasks independently; comfortable with dealing with complex and ambiguous business problems
- Competitive salary with bonuses
- Flexible hours
- Generous vacation policy
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Lots of room to grow and learn new things
- Very competitive 401k matching
Monster is a global leader in connecting people to jobs, wherever they are. For more than 20 years, Monster has helped people improve their lives with better jobs, and employers find the best talent. Today, the company offers services in more than 40 countries, providing some of the broadest, most sophisticated job seeking, career management, recruitment and talent management capabilities.
Monster continues its pioneering work of transforming the recruiting industry with advanced technology using intelligent digital, social and mobile solutions, including our flagship website monster.com® and a vast array of products and services.
Monster provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to enable such individuals to participate fully in the application process and during employment. If you require an accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an email to TalentAcquisition@Monster.com or call 1-800-MONSTER and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please do not direct any general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Please not that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this email address and/or phone number.
Monster is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative action Employer M/F/Individuals with Disabilities/Veteran Status.
You searched and didn’t find the right fit?
No problem. Join our talent community to stay connected.SEND US YOUR RESUME