Business Intelligence Developer
What we’re looking for…
Business Intelligence Developer
In this exciting and varied role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining Monster’s GCP based data warehouse and Looker BI Platform to ensure we deliver data to the right people at the right time.
In order to succeed in this role, you will be required to efficiently model data in our data warehouse and present in Looker to provide compelling data insights for our data consumers.
About the Team...
The role is based within our Global Business Intelligence and Data Engineering team. Our mission is to empower our data consumers to make decisions through the data the team ingests, models, and presents and we are looking for developers who are passionate about data to join us. The team is based across Europe and consists of Business Intelligence Developers and Data Engineers from a variety of backgrounds who collaborate to provide solutions across Monster’s full data platform for both internal and external users.
What you will be doing…
- Helping to design, build and optimise our data warehouse in Big Query.
- Designing and building Looker models to empower our users to explore Monster’s data.
- Designing and creating Looker dashboards.
- Participating in cross team code reviews to ensure all solutions developed meet required standards.
- Working within a happy, collaborative, and agile environment.
What’s essential for you to have…
- A diverse technical background with over 2 years’ experience in the development of enterprise scale BI solutions.
- Proficiency in writing SQL scripts (preferably 2+ years’ experience).
- Technical experience implementing ETL/ELT best practices at scale.
- A strong understanding of data warehousing design methodologies.
- Experience of modelling data for efficient reporting.
- Diverse experience developing and using Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Power BI/Tableau/Looker).
- The ability to connect and communicate with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A passion for data and technology.
What will make you stand out…
- Proficiency in Looker development (LookML models, dashboards, and PDTs).
- Skilled in a programming language (Java or Python preferrable).
- Development experience within GCP.
- Experience of deploying Infrastructure as Code preferably using Terraform.
What’s in it for you…
- Competitive base salary + individual & company-based annual performance bonus programme (up to 7%)
- Above-average holiday/annual leave allowance + extra paid time off: 2 self-care days, 1 family day, 2 volunteer days per year
- 100% flexible working policy with “work from home” monthly allowance (up to of £75) + possibility to work remotely from a different country (for up to 4 weeks)
- Excellent top-tier private pension plan with Scottish Widows (company contribution: 6% / min. employee contribution: 3%) + life, medical & health insurance plan with BUPA
- Regular access to Learning & Development modules, paid certifications, etc. related to your function through external partners and internally via Monster & Randstad's programmes
- Market-leading rewards & benefits such as retail discounts, gym membership and corporate events
- Access to Randstad Share Purchase Programme (SSP) giving all Monster employees a unique chance to participate in Randstad’s success as a shareholder in Randstad Holding and receive up to 50% in bonus shares (after 6-month saving/holding period / max. purchase: 5% of gross monthly salary)
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and want to have Monster in your corner, please apply via our career site by clicking on the link below… We’d love to hear from you!
Additional job details:
- Location: UK, NL, or CZ – fully remote working (“work from home”) from place of residence
- Job type: Permanent
- Working hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
- Salary / pay rate: Competitive
Follow us on social media to find out more and keep up to date with the latest news at Monster:
You searched and didn’t find the right fit?
No problem. Join our talent community to stay connected.SEND US YOUR RESUME