Senior UX Engineer
Own the product!
Monster Worldwide is looking for a Senior UX Engineer to join our team. With the Global UX team, you will craft and orchestrate compelling user experiences which create meaningful and lasting life experiences. You have built many interesting and sophisticated interfaces that push the needle from status quo. You have a history turning those interfaces into reusable frameworks for larger development efforts. You’ve worked closely with product managers to define and research problems. You have experience in all parts of the development process.
Who You Are
- You are a credible UX/UI developer with strong opinions that are expressed with warmth and in a voice that wins hearts and minds.
- You have an exceptional eye for visual development and an undeniable ability to bring new experiences to life.
- You have a keen focus on the ‘bigger picture,’ building reusable systems and frameworks for rapid UI development.
- You have a strong desire to break “mediocre”, turn medicine into candy, and try, test, and accomplish feats of “extraordinary.”
- You have a consultative approach to working with Product Managers, creating solutions for users while thinking through requirements/constraints.
- You assess metrics and requirements and synthesize them into user stories, components, and frameworks. Responsibilities
- Prototype cutting-edge interfaces and experiences in a fast-paced production environment.
- Work closely with UX designers to build beautiful UIs for web and mobile web using a high degree of visual fidelity.
- Write highly reusable code that can be componentized and easily consumed by other developers.
- Improve developer experiences and velocity by building better workflows, practices, and tooling for development.
- Research new and interesting open source software. Justify incorporating new software into Monster’s technology stack.
- Promote UX best practices and processes across the team and help stand up a consistent suite of UX tools and libraries.
- Evangelize design and development frameworks across the business. Assist external teams in adopting new frameworks.
- Be an awesome team-mate and mentor. Engage with the rest of the UX development and design team on various projects.
- 3+ years’ experience in UI development, Frontend development, or comparable roles.
- Exceptional CSS skills.
- Familiarity with Sass or similar preprocessor.
- Experience building with Bootstrap and atomic design principles.
- Thorough understanding of React/ES6 development.
- Proficient with Webpack or similar tooling.
- Experience building design systems or component libraries.
- Familiarity with NextJS, Gatsby, or other Node based rendering frameworks.
- Experience converting designs from Sketch into working HTML/CSS prototypes.
- Knowledge of cross-platform browser compatibility restrictions and requirements.
- Awareness of web performance principles and page load optimization.
- Appreciation for open source development models and wide knowledge of available software.
- Ability to successfully execute on, and load balance across, multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Collaborative approach that brings good resolution decisions to tough development questions.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- While a degree in CS or a related field is a plus, we look for talented people with proven success building interfaces regardless of education.