Technical Product Owner – Global Web Platform (BlueX)
The world around us
We live in extraordinary times. Technology, society, the job market - they’re all rapidly advancing, and opening up previously unimagined opportunities. With innovation driving the world of work even faster, many of us are left wondering: how can I find a job that works for me?
People at the heart of everything we do
Working at Randstad is unlike working at any organization. Because at Randstad we put people at the heart of everything we do; this goes for our clients, our candidates, our employees and society. By combining our passion for people with the power of today’s technologies, we support people and organizations in realizing their true potential. We call this Human Forward. Are you our new colleague?
What we’re looking for…
Technical Product Owner – Global Web Platform (BlueX)
On behalf of our parent company Randstad, we are currently seeking a talented Technical Product Owner – Global Web Platform based in Amsterdam, Netherlands on a Permanent Full-time basis to join their BlueX team.
As our Technical Product Owner, you will be operating in an international environment on a daily basis and will be responsible for the team that manages the running and maintaining of our core platform. The core platform consists of different capabilities – from CMS, design system, search and many other services that are scaled within Randstad.
You are accountable for maximizing the value of the core product. You will have 1 large Scrum team working on a backlog that is prioritised by you, the vision is to create and maintain a platform that delivers on our ambitions and expectations of our end users (Randstad operating companies as well as candidates and clients).
What you will be doing…
- You are responsible for the technical delivery and accountable for ensuring that our standards are met, and stakeholder expectations are delivered
- You are responsible for the product backlog, writing tickets (user stories) and ranking and prioritizing them (with Product Manager) in the Product Backlog
- You manage and maintain our support and incident flow with our global programme manager, resulting in clear tickets in order of priority based on impact and risk to the business
- You will work closely with the tech teams to deliver software that meets our global standards
- You will work closely with our operations team (Service Desk) and enable / optimize processes that makes sure incidents are triaged in the correct way, resulting in tickets that your team can work on
- Together with PMO and operations team (L1 support)
- You will own the business process and delivery of incidents following or 24/4 agreements and SLAs
- You will contribute and own the SLA within the Scrum team and report back on delivering on these expectations
- You will contribute to the overall architectural choices that we have made or are making, to ensure that they stay within our overall tech strategy
- Together with the tech team you will work on release processes that enable fluid and reliable releases with no regressions
- You will define communication flows with the stakeholders to ensure that root cause analysis is conducted on all incidents
- You will have strong technical skills, ideally experience in delivering or working within Drupal and understanding of integrations with different technologies or applications
- You will contribute to the standards and configuration management, making sure that we deliver a scalable solution
- You will be responsible for creating user stories in JIRA, writing detailed acceptance criteria that can be followed by the technical team and then with the customer success manager and the countries
- If needed, you will be part of the UAT process
- You will be able to challenge technical requirements or implementation ensuring work meets our standards
- You will be responsible for guiding our teams, being the voice of the customer (both OpCo and end user) and making sure that all the relevant information is recorded in JIRA
- You will play an important role in daily stand ups, refinement sessions and team retrospectives
What’s essential for you to have…
A Technical Product Owner knows and follows the principles of Agile software development.
- At least 3 years of experience in a Product Management/Owner, IT Delivery Management role or similar experience with strong technical skills in ideally high level of competence within Drupal, AWS, or other CMS
- Proven track record of successful experience in working AGILE – you are either an established SCRUM Master that wishes to take the step towards a Product Owner role OR you are currently a Product Owner and would like a change
- You know how to be part of a team and work with both technical stakeholders (including developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance, and operations – not only knowing the lingo but knowing how software works technically) as well as non-technical stakeholders
- You have experience in managing a backlog working with multiple teams at once in a complex and fast-paced organisation
- You have experience working in or on incidents and support processes and delivery
- Proficiency with JIRA or similar issue management software
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- You fully understand the processes we use at Randstad, and the unique challenges faced by our business
- You see a need to continuously improve to delight our users, have flexibility and supportiveness in adapting and meeting changing needs of the business and understand the workings of a digital, multinational enterprise
- You have strong problem-solving skills and a hands-on mentality, capability to manage and work together with different stakeholders to grow relationships and are able to work independently but also a team player
- You have exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills
- You have an innovative personality with a critical/creative thinker mindset focussed and being results-driven
- You can shift gears quickly between outlining and guiding the strategic use of the product to describing detailed functionality questions and relay these back to the team
- You are focussed and can work towards a vision / target that is set
- Strong Business and Product strategy acumen
- Data-driven and tech-savvy attitude
- High attention to detail
What will make you stand out…
- Background/speciality in the fields of Product Development, Marketing, Process Management
- and/or the HR/Recruitment/Staffing industry
- Education to BS/BA-level in a relevant field
Within Randstad we defined the following Human Forward Leadership competencies: delighting people: connect people (client, talent, employee, society), building strong client relationships and delivering client-centric solutions. performing today: resourcefulness securing and developing resources effectively and efficiently. leading change: manages ambiguity operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear. securing the future: drives vision and purpose painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others into action. what do you get in return? In return for your talent and effort we pay a good, competitive salary and offer attractive benefits. Job security and a great work-life balance mean we take care of each other.
Imagine having an instant network where everyone wants you to succeed. And we have the numbers to back that up: we’re 38,331 employees strong, with over 4,800 offices in 38 countries. And 47% of our management is female. Randstad’s performance standards are high, but as a team, we’ll make sure you reach and even exceed them through a wide range of learning and development opportunities. Joining our team means getting to work with great people. Each of them is crucial to maintaining our open-minded, entrepreneurial, and vibrant company culture. Sure you’ll work hard, but this hard work is also rewarded, and success is celebrated. It’s the culture you’ll find in any of our global Randstad offices. human forward starts with you Randstad’s purpose is: supporting people and organizations in realizing their true potential. And this starts with making your work meaningful every day. It’s people-work at its best. Making work meaningful.
So if you recognize yourself in the profile above, we gladly invite you to apply for this role.
Additional job details:
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Job type: Permanent Full-time
- Salary: Competitive
You searched and didn’t find the right fit?
No problem. Join our talent community to stay connected.SEND US YOUR RESUME