Manager Software Engineering
Manager, Software Engineering
Monster is looking for a Manager, Software Engineering to join our team! In this role the Manager, Software Engineering will provide leadership within the software development organization to enable the production of high quality software to our customers. The Manager Software Engineering must be solution focused, with excellent interpersonal skills, and a passion for technology.
- Help build and maintain high performing software engineering teams. The manager will oversee department staffing issues, including hiring, employee issues, counseling, raise/salary adjustments, performance appraisals, etc. The incumbent will ensure that goals are set for all teams and that the teams are meeting those goals
- Must have the ability to direct the activities of subordinates in planning, organizing, scheduling, monitoring, and evaluating
- Identifying opportunities to raise quality and improving products continuously provided by the Product Management team and bringing them to fruition
- Working with software architect to select tools and middleware products employed.
- Negotiating commitments for the team with the rest of the engineering organization.
- Managing the Agile process for development
- Assist in strategic planning by providing the technical context
- Directly contribute to the design of solutions based on the technical attributes and constraints of client systems
- Map resourcing to work based on technical assessment (team and individual level tasking)
- Facilitate whole team collaboration and success
- Promote a customer centered software development approach within the engineering team and broader cross functional agile team
- Promote an ultra quality mindset and fully enable the team to employ practices that result in quality solutions
- Continuously assess and guide whole team productivity
- Provide leadership to ensure architectural and non-functional standards are met
- Provide leadership to ensure functional requirements are defined, understood and fulfilled
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- At least five years of experience as team leader with a top tier web software firm
- Experience with Java persistence layers – Hibernate, iBatis etc
- Experience with Object Oriented Principles and Design Patterns
- Experience with Oracle 11g
- Good understanding and experience with include JSP’s, taglibs, Freemarker Template, XML, Struts, Spring, HTML, CSS and SQL
- Enforce best of breed database, persistence and Java code
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Superior problem solving skills
- Analytical skills – Ability to assess a situation quickly from a non-biased point of view, and determine the most beneficial resolution for all parties involved
- Organization skills – Ability to track unresolved issues and bring them to resolution is essential. The ideal candidate will take the initiative to follow up and, if necessary, escalate issues in order to bring them to a conclusion
What’s in it for you…
- Competitive salary and fantastic benefits package
- 25 days of vacation + 4 sick days + Purple Perk Days + 4-week allowance to work from abroad per year
- Flexible working hours
- Company provided Laptop
- A great work life balance
- Discounted gym and wellness membership + Cafeteria Benefits
- Company contribution to a pension fund and life insurance
- Private medical care package + discounted option for family members (Canadian Medical)
- Stock Purchase Program
- Fresh fruits and refreshments in the office
- Chill out zone with leisure time activities, on-site parking, and relocation assistance
- Job related continuous training and career progression opportunities.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and want to have Monster in your corner, please apply via our career site by clicking on the link below… We’d love to hear from you!
You searched and didn’t find the right fit?
No problem. Join our talent community to stay connected.SEND US YOUR RESUME