Senior Product Owner
Senior Product Owner
Own the Product!
Monster Government Solutions is looking for a dedicated Senior Product Owner in McLean, VA to the be point person for our scrum team and a key member of the Monster Agile team who serves as the business and customer proxy. The Product Owner will organize and prioritize backlog items for the scrum teams, while optimizing the value delivery of the product(s). You should be able to lead the product development team towards achieving the vision and mission of Monster.
The Senior Product Owner’s responsibilities include gathering feature requests and coordinating sprints. To be successful in this role, you should be able to identify user needs and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases. As a Senior Product Owner, you should have the ability to plan and manage the development project from start to finish and ensure that the product(s) meet the customer's needs. Ultimately, a top-notch Product Owner will be detail-oriented, and have excellent organizational, leadership, and communication skills.
- Take lead of scrum teams as the Senior Product Owner who can translate product vision, road-map and growth opportunities
- Providing vision and direction to the development team and stakeholders throughout the project
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate number of prepared tasks to work on through a prioritized feature backlog
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Interpret roadmap to meet customer needs and accept completed work through User Acceptance Testing
- Collaborate with UI/UX team, product scrum team, and product leaders to establish timeline workflows and goals
- Keep abreast of Agile/Scrum and refine our agile methodology based on results and client feedback
- Provide subject matter expertise and business knowledge of the product to bring operational knowledge to the team
- Represent the voice of the customer within the team. Analyze preferences and requests of end users
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Follow our competitors, industry trends, and educate team on needs
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) in business, computer science, or related field years of experience leading Agile projects as a product owner and/or product manager
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Strong team spirited, collaborative interpersonal skills to work across diverse, global teams
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Strong problem-solving, analytical skills
- Proficiency working with JIRA, Confluence, CA Agile Central (formerly Rally), Aha, or similar product management tools
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel); technical knowledge of software development
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
Monster is a global leader in connecting people to jobs, wherever they are. For more than 20 years, Monster has helped people improve their lives with better jobs, and employers find the best talent. Today, the company offers services in more than 40 countries, providing some of the broadest, most sophisticated job seeking, career management, recruitment and talent management capabilities.
Monster continues its pioneering work of transforming the recruiting industry with advanced technology using intelligent digital, social and mobile solutions, including our flagship website monster.com® and a vast array of products and services.
Monster is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment through a culture of diversity, equity, safety, and belonging. Our goal is to make work a happy and productive place for all through transparency and accountability at all levels of our organization.
If there’s an accommodation you need or prefer as part of your application, or if you have some feedback for us on ways we can make our process more accessible for all, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-MONSTER and let us know how we can help!
Please do not direct any general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this email address and/or phone number.
Monster is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
You searched and didn’t find the right fit?
No problem. Join our talent community to stay connected.SEND US YOUR RESUME