Web Content Editor
Web Content Editor/Writer (US)
Monster Worldwide is seeking a Marketing Manager / Web Content Editor to develop, localize, and manage content in the areas of career, job search, hiring, recruitment, and related topics for the US market. This position involves working on a cross-functional team that will create, drive and execute content marketing plans to move the business forward. Utilizing knowledge of industry trends and creative insight, the incumbent will help us build a brand with external and internal stakeholders that results in increased volume, revenue and utilization of Monster products.
This position is part of our US-based Organic Performance team. Because this is a fully remote role, the ideal fit will also be comfortable working virtually while managing their own schedule to balance the editing needs of the team and broader content management responsibilities.
- Plan, develop, and create content across multiple topic areas, for use by a B2B or B2C audience, in collaboration with a content strategist. Content includes, but is not limited to:
- explanations of hiring issues, recruiting strategies, workforce management & planning, small business hiring, employee retention, and other HR matters;
- descriptions of what to expect while looking for a job and interviewing;
- information about common career-related topics, including workplace issues, professional development, and salaries and benefits;
- and comprehensive informational content on resumes/ CVs, cover letters, and the job application process.
- Upload and manage content in the company’s CMS platform(s).
- Coordinate the daily fulfillment of the editorial calendar via a combination of your own work and the work of content team members and freelancers.
- Participate in regular editorial meetings for the purpose of brainstorming content ideas, reviewing editorial deadlines, educating writers, and organizing cross-content promotions.
- Work with content strategists and writers to constantly refine and improve writing style and assist in content production, editing, and content localization tasks as needed, including topic sourcing, copyediting, metrics analysis, and database maintenance.
- Work with the Organic Performance team to optimize content using best practices in keyword usage, title creation, E-A-T guidelines compliance, and basic SEO.
- Track content performance using multiple measures (e.g., traffic, syndication, conversion) and use performance measures to constantly refine writing style and improve content performance.
- Take ownership of assigned projects.
- Maintain and drive cross-functional participation for content marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Measure program effectiveness, analyze data and provide recommendation and insight.
- Recommend and/or adopt channels and technologies to bring marketing initiatives in line with corporate strategy.
- Lead creative development by obtaining an in-depth knowledge of customer need.
- Effectively utilize technologies in order to enhance suggestions to current initiatives.
- Optimize data utilization in developing marketing initiatives and strategies.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education required.
- 3-5 years' experience in sales, marketing or recruiting, preferably with digital-based marketing plans.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement marketing plans.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to manage project plans.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience managing projects with minimal supervision.
- 2+ years of experience editing and writing content for online media with demonstrated success in audience acquisition for a public-facing website.
- Experience providing constructive and actionable editorial feedback to writers to help build team writing skills and improve and optimize content.
- Ability to write in a conversational tone and demonstrated ability to successfully write for the web.
- Strong understanding of HTML and SEO.
- Internet savvy with experience using social media tools such as blogs, social networks, microblogging, social bookmarking and/or social sharing.
- Experience in operating CMS and analytics platforms. Ability to use analytics to measure and report on identified success metrics.
- Works well in a global team environment, embraces change and is highly adaptable.
- Has professional work experience in HR, recruiting, career services, or a related field.
- Enjoys reaching and engaging people online.
- Works well under tight deadlines.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample. Please provide at least one writing sample as applications without writing samples will not be considered.
Monster is a global leader in connecting people to jobs, wherever they are. For more than 20 years, Monster has helped people improve their lives with better jobs, and employers find the best talent. Today, the company offers services in more than 40 countries, providing some of the broadest, most sophisticated job seeking, career management, recruitment, and talent management capabilities.
Monster continues its pioneering work of transforming the recruiting industry with advanced technology using intelligent digital, social, and mobile solutions, including our flagship website monster.com® and a vast array of products and services.
Monster is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment through a culture of diversity, equity, safety, and belonging. Our goal is to make work a happy and productive place for all through transparency and accountability at all levels of our organization.
If there’s an accommodation you need or prefer as part of your application, or if you have some feedback for us on ways we can make our process more accessible for all, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-MONSTER and let us know how we can help!
Please do not direct any general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this email address and/or phone number.
Monster is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
You searched and didn’t find the right fit?
No problem. Join our talent community to stay connected.SEND US YOUR RESUME