Principal Data Scientist
Principal Data Scientist
Bring Big Data to Life!
Monster Worldwide is seeking a Principal Data Scientist in our Weston, MA Headquarters! The Principal Data Scientist will be responsible for leading the algorithmic development for Monster’s Knowledge Base, and other projects leveraging the latest advances in NLP and Graph DB technologies. You will execute the KB, and other complex analytical projects from the start to finish, and work with Big Data to solve business problems using advanced statistical methods. You will be able to work independently on Data Science projects and/ or be the technical expert on cross-functional teams comprising of Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Business SMEs. As a specialist on the team, you’ll actively participate in knowledge sharing and training other members on the Data Science team, and advance Monster’s capabilities in your field of specialization.
Our Data Science Team delivers analytic solutions across a wide variety of Monster applications. We build and inferential and predictive models, including machine learning algorithms and AI; we process, integrate, and manipulate big data with distributed systems and varied data pipelines; we synthesize results and translate findings into compelling stories that resonate with stakeholders.
- The Principal Data Scientist will be the methods/ technical lead on analytical projects involving data engineering, data mining, data modeling, and business strategy
- They will provide internal expertise in fundamental skill areas such as statistical methods, machine learning, AI, distributed computing, and open-source programming
- Will work independently or lead teams of 2-3 Data Scientists/ Senior Data Scientists on Data Science projects, and will provide coaching to junior team members
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to establish clear analytical objectives, approaches and timelines
- Summarize, visualize, communicate, and document analytic concepts, processes and results for technical and non-technical audiences
- The Principal Data Scientist will share knowledge, debate techniques, and conduct research to advance the collective knowledge and skills of our Data Science practice
Knowledge and Skills
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or a similar quantitative subject preferred; Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in hands-on Data Science work
- Experience implementing a range of statistical or machine learning methods; specifically, in Natural Language Processing (BERT, Machine Translation, Text Embeddings)
- Knowledge of Graph databases will be a big plus
- Proficiency in Python and/or R; SQL; AWS and/ or GCP
- Experience building ETL pipelines for cloud-based projects from initial inception to production would be a plus
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Spark preferred; knowledge of distributed computing would be a plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving; ability to perform tasks independently or in a team setting; comfortable with dealing with complex and ambiguous business problems
- Demonstrated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment with flat structure
- Competitive salary with bonuses
- Flexible hours
- Generous vacation policy
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Lots of room to grow and learn new things
- Very competitive 401k matching
Monster is a global leader in connecting people to jobs, wherever they are. For more than 20 years, Monster has helped people improve their lives with better jobs, and employers find the best talent. Today, the company offers services in more than 40 countries, providing some of the broadest, most sophisticated job seeking, career management, recruitment, and talent management capabilities.
Monster continues its pioneering work of transforming the recruiting industry with advanced technology using intelligent digital, social, and mobile solutions, including our flagship website monster.com® and a vast array of products and services.
Monster is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment through a culture of diversity, equity, safety, and belonging. Our goal is to make work a happy and productive place for all through transparency and accountability at all levels of our organization.
If there’s an accommodation you need or prefer as part of your application, or if you have some feedback for us on ways we can make our process more accessible for all, please send us an email at email@example.com or call 1-800-MONSTER and let us know how we can help!
Please do not direct any general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodations will be responded to from this email address and/or phone number.
Monster is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to creating a diverse environment. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
You searched and didn’t find the right fit?
No problem. Join our talent community to stay connected.SEND US YOUR RESUME